I am presently sitting on the floor of my soon to be bedroom, waiting for the hall bathroom paint to dry. It needs a second coat, and that doesn’t bother me a bit. I’ve been waiting almost seven months to paint this particular bathroom, so this actually feels like a gift. It is also probably my favorite color – Organic Garden – and EVERYTHING that is slated to go in that room I love – the vanity, the clawfoot tub, the fixtures, the flooring, just everything. It is slated to be finished on Monday morning, and that couldn’t make me happier.
What a difference 24 hours makes! I was pretty dismayed with our progress earlier this week, and then things changed for the better. I am going to pin it on the beginning of Chinese New Year and a fresh start. In 24 hours we had the following wheels moving:
- Time Warner agreed to send an installer out today instead of Monday; AND he was fabulous. Wade, I thank you for the Internet.
- In one day the plumbers managed to get done what they should have accomplished over the past two weeks, (don’t get me wrong, I am no longer complaining). Yesterday we suddenly had RUNNING WATER, a kitchen sink and disposal, a working bathroom, an ice maker, a washing machine, a dishwasher, hot water, and all the bells and whistles that accompany said luxuries.
- The POD deliveries have been scheduled. This means that next Saturday two large containers of everything we own will be dropped off. Oh glorious day, oh glorious day!!!
- We have also scheduled three large men to empty said PODS. Oh the day could not get more glorious.
- ALL the walls are filled. This means that the outside has a better chance of staying out, while the inside can remain in. This also means that I can finish painting!
- By the end of today we should technically be able to move in. Granted that won’t actually happen because everything in this place is still covered in a layer of plaster dust…but this is progress people. Progress.